Friday 24 January 2014

Garden Beauty


I can't believe it's Friday already, this week just flew by.  Today at Splitcoast, the challenge is to create a card just using ink with no embellishments.  Nothing more basic then a one layer card and my two favourite inks; Memento and Distress ink.  Sure wish I could grow blue flowers in my garden like this although from all I have read and heard, blue flowers are one of the most difficult thing to come by.  
I began my card by using a stencil and applying Distress ink to make a brick bkg.  This flower stamp from Rubbernecker is a two-part stamp so I stamped the centers and stems using black Memento ink first.  Then I inked up the flower centers with 2 colours of Distress inks and sprayed with water before stamping for a watercolour effect.  I just love the way the Distress inks blend together when you add water.  

Adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon- CLEAN and SIMPLE

Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a peek.

Supplies;  stamps; Rubbernecker, Unity/ Distress ink/ Memento ink/ twine

9 comments:

Grá O'Neill said...

Beautiful card, I love blue flowers too. Have you tried hydrangea in acidic soil? Lots of blue ones growing almost wild on peaty soil around me :)

Joni Andaya said...

What a Beautiful card Karen!!! The way you used the blue color is so Gorgeous on that card! Love <3

Davi said...

WOWzer Karen I think this is stunning, it has such a wonderful true watercolor look, and the colors are fabulous ;) happy weekend!

Betty said...

gorgeous one-layer card - love anything blue and your card is just wonderful! it's going on my pinterest board!!

Emily Leiphart said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the subtle stenciling in the background. Please let me know which stencil that is!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Love all your cards with this beautiful watercolor effect. And the background stencil pattern is gorgeous too.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, I always LOVE cards with this shade of blue! You do amazing cards, but blue is my fave colors! Hehe!! And I love this image too from Rubbernecker! Yes, I love how the distress inks blend so beautifully with just a bit of water! I love it, sweet friend, and hope you are keeping warm! Hugs!

Lindsey said...

This is gorgeous! I thought you had watercolored it for sure. I could stare at this card all day.

Joanne said...

Another beautiful card, Karen! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
Joanne xo