Saturday 7 June 2014

Addicted to CAS- June Guest Designer


Good morning and Welcome!  
I am thrilled to be the Guest Designer this month at the Addicted to CAS Challenge blog where we are featuring clean and simple card made using the code word 'TRANSPORT' as our inspiration.  Thanks so much to my super talented friend Loll Thompson for inviting me to join in on the fun.  Here is the card I came up with.
I began making the background by cutting an oval mask and placing it onto my card front.  I then inked up an embossing folder with Distress inks and sprayed with water before pressing my paper with the mask onto the wet ink.  This embossing folder reminded me of a child's building blocks.  To see a tutorial about this technique go HERE.  I was left with an inked, oval frame.  I then stamped my little tricycle with black Memento ink and cut it out so I could pop dot it onto the card front.  After stamping the sentiment I thought it needed something more so I doodled in a frame to pull it all together.  
I hope you will get a chance to play along with this fun challenge.

Also adding my card to these challenges:

Less is More- COLOURS OF OUR BEDROOM (mine are blue and white)

Sieze the Birthday- SUMMERTIME

Simon Says- MASCULINE or FATHER'S DAY


Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamp- TPC Studio/ Memento black/ Distress ink/ eb folder/ pop dots/ blackline pen


26 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Perfect sentiment with that adorable trike! WELCOME as GD to ATCAS!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Karen - that sentiment is absolutely so right!!! lol Great having you as GD and playing along with us at ATCAS. Welcome.

Karen x

Kathyk said...

And it looks BRILL

Kathyk

Deepti said...

The tricycle and the focal sentiment look so amazing :) so glad to have you guest design at ATCAS!

sandie said...

I really love the embossing folder technique and wouldn't have realised you had used to make this, great idea to add the doodle frame. So pleased you are our GDT

Loll said...

This is so sweet Karen. LOVE the technique you've used for your oval background ... amazing that you could mask off the rest and keep it so clean and white. I know I would have splotches of ink everywhere :) Perfect sentiment (and so true!) ... and love the little tricycle. Your doodled border is the perfect finishing touch! :) We are so happy to have you as our guest designer this month!! Loll xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Great card Karen and Congrats on your GDT spot.
Superb colours and thanks for taking part in the LIM challenge
Sarah
Less is More

Pat said...

Fabulous outcome for that stenciling/e.f. technique - and your doodled frame is perfect. A great card from every angle. I adore the step-down same color layering and have yet to use it myself (slap forehead).

Lynne said...

Fabulous!
Lynne xxx

Lynne said...

Fabulous!
Lynne xxx

Darnell said...

Congratulations on the Guest Design appointment at ATCAS, Karen! Your oval is stunning! I have never seen that sediment before and it is SO perfect with that tricycle!! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

Harriet Skelly said...

Welcome to the ATCAS team Karen - it is great to have you with us this month! I love that oval background and what a great sentiment!!

Cathy said...

Congrats on your GD spot Karen, the technique for your background is awesome! TFS the link I just had a look and am keen to try this, Cathy x

Aileen said...

Wonderful card, love the sentiment. Also love the doodled frame, really finishes the card off perfectly.

Anne said...

Fab card Karen and love that doodled border!
Thank for for joining us at Less is More this week
Anne
LIM Designer

Kylie said...

Absolutely adorable, Karen. Love the design and the doodled frame! Thanks so much for joing us as a guest designer at ATCAS xx

cheiron said...

Love your masking technique!!! Great card. Thanks so much for playing along with us in the Father's Day/Masculine Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week :)

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

What a fabulous sentiment Karen - such a great take on the Transport theme.
Welcome to ATCAS as our Guest Designer for this month - it's good to have you on the team!
Sylvia. x

Chrissie said...

Fabulous card Karen... love the little trike, it reminds me of the one my son had when he was tiny!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jen Nelson said...

fabulous card and love the trike
Thanks for joining us this week
Jen x
"Less Is More"

Lisa Lara said...

Of course your bedroom is blue and white. I should have guessed! You make the loveliest cards in blue Karen. I love this with your oval and the trike cut out in front. Awesome gf. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More this week. - Lisa Lara (LIM Guest Designer)

Bonnie said...

Congratulations, Karen! What a wonderful choice for a CAS Guest Designer! I love this and all the cards that you do!

OttawaMom said...

A wonderful CAS creation! Love that stencilled background with the doodle frame, so creative! Thanks for joining us for our Summertime theme at Seize the Birthday!

Janet's Joy said...

Awww this is so sweet!! I love the little tricycle and the stencil work!
I'm so glad you joined us at Seize the Birthday!

Anonymous said...

hi Karen, I love this card, beautifully CAS and love the frame and then that cutre little bike with such a great sentiment. So good to have you as guest designer on ATCAS.

Marie

Jaydee said...

Karen, this is awesome. I love the scoring to frame the image and that sentiment is fabulous! What a great way to kick off your guest designer term!
jaydee