Saturday 12 July 2014

Reach for the Sky

 
Good morning.  It's Saturday so that means it is time for the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast.  I find that challenge to be really wonderful for getting my creative juices flowing!
To see the post from The Perfect Palette that inspired me go here:
 
I wanted the background to have a mottled, soft look so I began by rubbing Memento markers in purple and pink tones over my Hero Arts stamp, sprayed with water and stamped. 
The flowers were made by rubbing Distress Ink (Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves, Barn Door) 
onto my non-stick craft sheet.  I sprayed with water to blend the colours and dragged my paper through the wet ink.  When it was dry, I die cut the flowers (from Impression Obsession)....love them!  The sentiment is by Mama Elephant. 
When the card front was finished, I mounted it onto a white card front but it needed something so I inked my long acrylic block with Distress inks again, sprayed with water and pressed onto my card front.  You can see that around the outside edges.  I think it brought the colours on the card to life.
 
Also adding my card to these challenges:
 
Virginia's View- DIE CUT
Welcome to Virginia's View
 
Crafty Catz- FLOWERS
 
 
Crafty Girls- ANYTHING GOES
 
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
 
Supplies:  stamp- Mama Elephant, Hero Arts/ flower die- Impression Obsession/ Memento bl/ Distress ink/ Memento markers/ Cuttlebug/ acrylic block

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful ! I already wondered what you did with the pink paper underneath but then I read the text and : Ah , there it was ... I love everything on this card and the sentiment is great . Anita

Terri said...

Pretty card! I love how the light comes through those special hexie windows. And then that thin strip of color on the card itself...too pretty.
I haven't left comments much before, but I love your blog
Hugs

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, you continue to delight me with your use of the new techniques! I love how you've used the IO die! So beautiful! And your backgrounds are amazing! (Did you know I bought the new distress inks so that ONE DAY I will try this technique - promise!) Hugs, sweet friend, and thanks for always inspiring and delighting me!

Sally H said...

That is simply beautiful, Karen! So elegant. What a fab die too

shirley-bee said...

Love your die-cut flowers - they almost look like felt! Fab background, and great idea to colour the card base too :)

maria's knutselplezier said...

Your cards olways pop up from my sidebord, this once is again one of a kind, I love the colours and the image!!!

Greetings
Mariaxx

Carla said...

LOVE! I think I love everything that you make! What a gorgeous card and the bright card base is gorgous too. Is this an extra panel that you stuck on or did you ink straight onto the card base? Love it!

Virginia L. said...

Love this monochromatic card, Karen! The rich and deep colors are beautiful with the die cut that you added! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's View Challenge!

Unknown said...

Hi! I love this card! It's exactly what I love..artsy! :) I have joined your followers and am looking forward to some more crafty goodness! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Catz! Ingrid xx

Daria said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing the details.