Monday 24 November 2014

Leftovers


Morning.  Leftovers....do you love em or hate em?  

As most of you know, I love playing with my Distress inks and getting inky.  I tend to save all those leftover pieces for future use of some kind.  Often they are good for cutting into tags but today, I decided to use the pieces for my card front. 

I was inspired when I saw the challenge this am at Splitcoast; to make a layered die-cut.  Easy right?
So for a break down of this card front:  far left piece was stencilled and then splattered with water; the top right piece was sponged then stamped with water and the bottom right was done with an embossing folder inked and sprayed with water.  These leftovers work well together as I used the same colours of Distress inks; Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers.
I die-cut the snowflake from Simon Says 3 times then glued them together.  I added it to my card front along with some sequins to add a more festive look to my card.  There really was not good place to add a sentiment so I will add a big Merry Christmas to the inside of my card.

 Also adding my card to these challenges:

Little Red Wagon- LAYER IT UP

Simply Create Too- SNOW, SNOW, SNOW

Addicted to Stamps- MAKE YOUR MARK

Mixed Media- CHRISTMAS


Thanks for taking the time to come by and have a look.
Hope you have a good week.  It is getting to be such a busy time of the year.

Supplies:  stamps- Hero Arts bkg/ die- Simon Says/ embossing folder- SU/ stencil- TCW/ Distress ink/ silver paper/ sequins

14 comments:

Lin said...

This is a great layout for using leftovers or bits and pieces of design papers, Karen - love it, as I do all your blue cards!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Karen
This is Stunning... Fabulous....
Hugs Sylvie cx

Barb Ghig said...

You have really created a gorgeous card with your 'leftovers', Karen! Love your inking and your snowflake is stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with us again at ATSM!

The Colour Press said...

not sure why my previous comment didnt appear. So, here \i go again. Love the background and the techniques used to create the beautiful WC effect. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at The Mixed Media Card Challenge

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Karen: Your 'leftover' card is so, so pretty! We're glad you entered our Challenge "Snow! Snow! Snow!" & hope to see your entries in all our 2015 challenges!

Happy Holidays to you & your family!

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Tracy Penney said...

Karen, this is beautiful. Classic and simple layers. The snowflake is gorgeous and pops with your fabulous distressed background. Thanks for playing along with our Layer it Up challenge at Little Red Wagon.

Lee-Anne said...

Love your use of leftovers, Karen! Always love to see what you've come up with for backgrounds as they are so interesting and always gorgeous! Love the silver snowflake! So happy you could join us at Addicted to Stamps and More my friend!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, I LOVE leftovers, and you've used yours beautifully! I just LOVE this color combo! Wow! And that snowflake is absolutely amazing! With the great layers, the snowflake, and the sequins, it doesn't need anything else. I lovely sentiment will be perfect! Warm hugs, sweet friend!

sannalippert said...

this is such a lovely card too!!!

Davi said...

Love how you used your leftovers Karen! The snowflake is beautiful with it!!

Loll said...

I love YOUR leftovers :) ... mine, not so much, but I hang on to them anyways and now have two containers, plus three drawers of the darn things (oh, and a basket). Yikes, need to be more diligent using them!

Love your mix of leftovers turned into an amazing and creative background for your stitched snowflake ... fantastic! Loll xx

Deepti said...

I love the combinations of two patterns on one design, such a beauty, Thank you for sharing with MMCC !

Anonymous said...

Great stenciling. Love the combination of the snowflake with the geometric background. Thanks for joining us at ATSM. Monika.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Food leftovers I save so hubby can take them to work for lunch. Paper crafting leftovers I used to hoard for years before I figured I wouldn't use them and tossed them. Now I put most of them in a bag and give them to a friend who does punch art. I have good intentions to use leftovers; it just doesn't happen.

This is a great card and you've done wondrous things with your leftovers. The stenciling is great and the giant silver snowflake pulls it all together very nicely.