Saturday 13 December 2014

Holly and Berries


Happy Saturday.  I am being inspired this am by the challenge at Splitcoast and the Pendleton Site.  I saw a houndstooth jacket and so my card was born.  
I began by stamping the houndstooth with Grey Memento ink  and added it to my card front.  The wreath is a digital image from Delicious Doodles.  I printed it off, coloured it with Copic markers then added Glossy Accents to the red berries....they just shine IRL and have such a great texture.  
I then stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts onto a piece of vellum so the houndstooth could still be seen behind.  That's it.  Pretty quick and easy.

I am adding my card to these challenges:

The Male Room- CHRISTMAS

Addicted to Stamps- INSPIRATION PHOTO

Brown Sugar- RED, WHITE AND GREEN

Use Your Stuff- RED AND WHITE

Sister Act- ANYTHING GOES


Many thanks for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Hero Arts, digi- Delicious Doodles/ Memento Bl./ Barn Red Distress ink/ Copic Markers/ pop dots/ Glossy Accents

19 comments:

Karren said...

Absolutely stunning! That wreath is such a stand-out!

Deepti said...

What a pretty wreath :) thank u for sharing with ATSM

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Wow! This is stunning, Karen! The berries are gorgeous! I NEED this wreath!

Sarah said...

What a fantastic card!! xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

WOW Karen your coloring is amazing!!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Your card is gorgeous! Amazing coloring and design. Thanks for joining us at The Male Room
Tina dt

Cindy H. said...

Gorgeous card, Karen! Awesome coloring!

Lee-Anne said...

Quick, easy and quite stunning, Karen! Really love the look of the houndstooth behind that gorgeous wreath! So happy you could join us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous Karen....
Hugs Sylvie xx

Deborah Frings said...

Fabulous work. I do like the houndstooth background and the colours you've used. Great work. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM and The Male Room this week!

Amanda said...

I love this! The image is beautiful and the sentiment on the vellum is a brilliant idea! Thanks for joining us this week at Use Your Stuff!

Diana Nguyen said...

This wreath and layout is gorgeous!

Loll said...

Wow ... that wreath is gorgoues!! I imagine that fussy-cutting it out took a lot of time ... done perfectly, Karen. Love the houndstooth background with vellum overlay ... soft and pretty. Loll xx

Creations by Shirl said...

Pretty details to your wreath card! Thanks for joining Brown Sugar Challenge!

Monika Skinner said...

Wow, amazing colouring. Your red berries really pop, fabulous card. Thanks for playing along at ATSM this week. Monika
http://monikaskinner.wordpress.com

Katie Melhus said...

This is gorgeous, love the dimension and detail on those berries! Thanks for joining us this week at Addicted to Stamps and More!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

My goodness! Those berries look so real I could just reach out and pluck one off. Love the houndstooth peeking through. Nifty card!

Gea said...

He is beautiful . thank you for joining Brown Sugar Challenge.

Angela said...

This wreath is extraordinary! The coloring is out-of-this- world gorgeous as is every element.
Karen, I've been trying to get caught up on all the commenting I've missed but it's impossible. You my friend, deserve better from me. I see your cards and go "wow" all the time. This particular card drew me in because I wanted to see what 3D elements you've used on the wreath. Low and behold you have no 3D elements!