Monday 12 January 2015

Thanks Snow Much


I love sentiment stamps so when I saw this challenge at Splitcoast this a.m. I was in.
The challenge is called 'Use Your Words'...make the sentiment the focal point of our card.  It gave me a chance to play with my new stamp set from Simon Says.

I used the same stencil as yesterday but in a different way.  
Instead of laying the stencil on the paper and rubbing ink over it, I rubbed Salty Ocean, Shaded Lilac and Peacock Feathers Distress ink directly on the back of the stencil, sprayed with water and then pressed that onto my white cardstock.  It gives a totally different look then applying ink in the usual way.  More of a blurred look with patches of ink. 
When dry, I stamped the sentiment and the snowflakes.

I am adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says Stamp- SOMETHING NEW

That Craft Place- MONOCHROMATIC

A Gem of a Challenge- SOMETHING NEW

Just Us Girls- STENCIL


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- SSS/ stencil SSS/ Distress ink/ Memento bl/ mini mister

16 comments:

Shawna said...

Your background reminds me of a fleece blanket.. I feel warm just looking at it.. Great card!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

The background is awesome and showcased the large sentiment perfectly. Love the theme and the snowflakes.

Anonymous said...

What is the name of the stencil? Just beautiful! ~Lisa

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Love your card! That background makes me think of a warm flannel blanket, great to snuggle in on a cold winter's day.

Loll said...

You are having fun with that new stencil!! This technique gives a totally different look. :) Loll xx

Ina G said...

Love the look you achieved with your stencil. The snowflakes and sentiment really stand out in front of it. So glad you shared it with us atJust us Girls this week.

Karren said...

Fabulous background! Gorgeous card!

Nancy said...

Karren, Love the large sentiment and your color choices for the background. This card looks wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week.

Unknown said...

This is a really eye catching card! Love the design! Xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous, I love the design and beautiful colours.Thank you for taking part in A Gem of a Challenge.
Sue xx

Deepti said...

Gorgeous :)

Judy Woodland said...

What a great use of this stencil, so creative. Love your color choices, and the layout is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Just Us Girls!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, I love that background Karen. Looks awesome. Nice blue hues.

Anonymous said...

Really Beautiful!!!

cheryl said...

Oh this is just gorgeous hun bless you for playing at That craft place,hugs Cherylxxxxx

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love how you used the background stencil and those mix of colors! This is a technique I will have to try. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!