Monday 2 February 2015

Beautiful Blues

Well, it was just a matter of time before I had to get my blue Distress inks out and play with them again and here is what I came up with.  

This month at One-Layer Simplicity Challenge our theme is 
YOU BLEND

I blended with my blending tool, water and my markers.
I began by masking the edges of my card so I could stencil the background of my card using Salty Ocean Distress ink. It sort of reminds me of a trellis in the garden. I also splattered some water over to add some depth to the background.
 Next, I took my stamp from Rubbernecker and coloured on it with my Memento markers, sprayed with water and stamped.  By spraying with water it blends the colours together and gives a wonderful watercoloured look.  I stamped the sentiment from Mama Elephant using black Memento ink.
As I removed the border masks, I got a blue mark on the white cardstock that I couldn't rub out.  My solution to my mistake was to sponge the edges with Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers Distress inks and again, I splattered with water.  I like the look of the border and how it turned out so my mistake was turned into a positive.  

Also adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES

Little Red Wagon- WINTER/BLUES

 CASology- BIRTHDAY

CAS on Sunday- FLOWERS


Have a great week.  I am so behind with things after being sick so hope to see you soon.

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Rubbernecker, Mama Elephant/ Distress ink/ blending tool/ Mini Mister/ stencil



21 comments:

Cindy Beach said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy Beach said...

This is amazing, Karen! Your blending and watercolor look is beautiful. I love the sponged border best! Funny how those inks can stray but it turns out to be a stunning effect!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous design, love the vibrant blue and watercolouring. Shirleyxx

Sarn said...

Wonderfully blended and cool xxx

Gabi MeWi said...

I love this colors - adorable card.

Verna Angerhofer said...

What an awesome card. I love the watercolor blues of this card. You are so talented.

joy said...

Good to see another blue card from you, Karen! You are so good with those hues!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, I ALWAYS love your blue cards!! Gorgeous, and it does look like a garden trellis - hope it makes spring come sooner! Hugs!

Em said...

So happy to see you're back. I get so many ideas from your lovely cards. Hope you are caught up soon.

Ina G said...

Love this card Karen. Beautiful colours .

Gabby said...

Great border, background, spatters and exceptionally lovely flower, Karen! :)

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card.

Teresa Kline said...

hi Karen! this is stunning! gorgeous watercoloring...WOW! I am thrilled you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

add a little glimmer to your life....sparkle & shine! *~*

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Beautiful blues indeed! Such a perfect card. You do water well!

Judy1223 said...

Wow, wow, wow! What beautiful blended blues! So exceptionally pretty, Karen! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Jen W. said...

This is gorgeous, Karen! Love that graphic background you created for those beautiful flowers~! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Davi said...

Stunning Karen! I love the technique you used to create the background and the Irises are so beautiful!!

Tracy Penney said...

WOW! Karen I am such a fan of your cards. This one is amazing! I just love your techniques and always enjoy your creativity with inks. Thanks for playing along with our Winter Blues challenge at Little Red Wagon.

Linda said...

Beautiful water coloring.

Susan Raihala said...

Karen, this is amazing. I love how you took a "mistake" and made a masterpiece! I also appreciate the maze background's angles on such a soft, organic design. The contrast adds such lovely interest!

Hope you're feeling LOADS better now.

Ingrid said...

Karen, I love your version of the trellis. Its a gorgeous card all around - great blending. :)