Friday 20 February 2015

Favourite Technique

Happy Friday!!
Meet today's card.  The challenge at Splitcoast this am is to use one of their many great tutorials as inspiration for our cards.  Well, as most of you already know, one of my favourite tutorials is the technique called 
So easy, so fun and such interesting results every time.

So here is what I did.  I began by inking the inside of my embossing folder with Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord and Peeled Paint Distress inks, sprayed with water and pressed my paper into the wet ink.  I love using the Distress inks as they blend with water better then any other ink I have used.
When dry, I inked my Hill Flowers from Penny Black with Memento ink and stamped to the side.
Next, I stamped the sentiment from Penny Black called Softer and Kinder.
To help pull it all together, I added drew in a blackline border.

Also adding my card to these challenges:

 Addicted to Stamps- MAKE YOUR MARK

C.R.A.F.T.- CLEAN and SIMPLE

Simply Create Too- ANYTHING GOES

Cute Card Thursday- FLORAL DELIGHT


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black/ Memento bl ink/ Distress ink/ Embossing Folder/ Mini Mister

17 comments:

Sarn said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card. I tried the technique but was nowhere near as successful as this! With your inspiration, I'll try again!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

maria's knutselplezier said...

Great card !!I lovet his technique I want to try it myself once!!!

Greetings
Maria

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous, you have created a fabulous background for your beautiful silhouette image.
Pauline
x

Davi said...

Beautiful card Karen, I love the results of this technique :)

Marie-Louise said...

Very pretty card Karen. Great colours.

Barb Ghig said...

I love the effect you achieved with your inks and embossing folder, Karen! As always, your card is absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Awesome and I still have to try that technique too. I saw it as well at Splitcoast and put it on the back burner. Might have to start cooking it soon! Thanks for the reminder.

Shona Chambers said...

I've never tried this technique, it certainly makes a beautiful background pattern and love the colours you blended together. The sentiment is so lovely too (and very true!). So glad you shared this with us at ATSM this week!

Susanne said...

Perfectly adorable card!

CherylQuilts said...

Ah, yes, Karen, this is one of my favorite techniques of yours! I MUST try it again myself...I'm always delighted with your cards! Beautiful with the colors and the flowers and great sentiment! Warm hugs, and praying you are feeling better, sweet friend!

sweet art designs said...

OMG! I love your card! It is very beautiful, very elegant, very Perfect. Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too - Myrna DT

Gabi MeWi said...

This card is amazing.Love that technique and think I have to try it.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Hello Today's Card, so pleased to me you. This is just perfect in every way.

MagsB said...

This is gorgeous, Karen, what a wonderful background! It looks fantastic behind the delicate stamped silhouette! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge!

love Mags B x

Marlene Atkinson said...

A gorgeous CAS card. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge.Marlene DT

akmoose said...

I am new to your blog and just wanted to say, I'm glad I found your blog, you are amazing.

Kathy Krug said...

I will be trying this technique. I have never done it before.