Monday 9 February 2015

Fresh and Clean


Good Morning.  Today's card has a very fresh and clean look to it.  I kept it very simple and monochromatic in style.

I began by using the Embossing Folder Stamping Technique for the background.  It is very easy and fun to play around with.  I inked the inside of my embossing folder with Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers Distress inks, sprayed with water then pressed my paper into the wet ink.
When dry, I stamped my flowers and sentiment with black Memento ink.
Easy, right?


Adding my card to these challenges:

CAS-ual Fridays- MUST LOVE WATERCOLOUR

Seize the Birthday- ANYTHING GOES

Shopping Our Stash- OLDEST INK

That Craft Place- ANYTHING GOES

Crafty Calender- ANYTHING GOES
 

I so appreciate that you drop in for a visit.  Many thanks for all the wonderful emails and comments you leave for me.  You really touch my heart.

Supplies:  stamps- Unity, Daisy Bucket/ Distress inks/ Memento bl ink/ EB folder

14 comments:

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh, what a cool & clever card, i really love this! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (inky!) STASH with us this week! :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

I adore this. I can totally seeing me making something similar to this. It is so clean and simple but packs a great impact. And, with a sore shoulder and arm I think I might handle this type of card making. Thanks for the inspiration.

JoAnn said...

Very pretty card. Love the way you did the background on your clean and simple card. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Seize the Birthday.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Very nice! That big bold greeting is perfect for this style of card.

VanessaB said...

cool. love the stamped/embossed background.

Debbie said...

Beautiful card! I really enjoy seeing all your cards. They are just the best! Thanks for sharing.

Marie-Louise said...

Super card Karen. Love this technique.

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome background gorgeous card. Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the let's get inky challenge

Gabi MeWi said...

Simply wonderful...

Planetsusie said...

I love your card and the technique with the folder is great. Thank you so much for entering the Crafty Calendar (Anything Goes) challenge this month, lots of luck to you.

Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

Anonymous said...

I can always count on you for those gorgeous backgrounds!!! Beautiful!

Create With Joy said...

Hi Karen,

I saw your card over at That Craft Place and had to stop by for a closer look. Your work is gorgeous! I would LOVE for you to share your art at our weekly Inspire Me Monday party at Create With Joy - if you stop by, be sure to leave a comment so I'll know! :-)

Have an inspired week!

Michelle said...

This is one cool and amzing watercolored background! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Shelly said...

Awesome card! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!