Wednesday 11 February 2015

Silhouette


Morning.  We all own some embossing folders that either sit in a drawer or don't get used that much.  Time for mine to get some more use with the
Embossing Folder Stamping Technique.

I began by masking my white cardstock then rubbed Salty Ocean Distress ink onto the front part of my Embossing Folder, sprayed with water and pressed my paper into the wet ink.
Leaving the mask in place and letting the paper dry, I stamped the flowers from Purple Onion with black Memento ink.  I then removed the mask and added the doodled border.   I like the way the border adds a touch to whimsy to the card.  I stamped the sentiment....just a dollar bin find at my local Michaels store.  I then mounted that onto another piece of white cardstock.
For the card front I inked up a stamp from Penny Black called
Chalkboard Grateful 
with Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers Distress inks and sprayed with a generous amount of water before stamping on an angle to cover my card.  That's it.


Also adding my card to these challenges:

Shopping Our Stash- TP or NOT TP
(inspired by the swirl pattern on the towels)

Stamping Sensations- ANYTHING GOES

Card and Scrap- FLOWERS

Sisters of Craft- ANYTHING GOES

Happy Little Stampers- EMBOSSING


Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Purple Onion, Penny Black/ EB folder Cuttlebug/ Distress inks/ Mini Mister/ fine tip black line pen/ black Memento ink



19 comments:

Hannelie said...

I am so glad I found this technique on your blog some time ago Karen, it really is the answer for al those embossing folders that keep on finding their way to my drawers!
This is beautiful!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Very neat! I like that you masked it off and then doodled around the border. A truly great card!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so beautiful and inspiring to me. I must find my silhouette stamps and get creative too now!

unni's scrappeboble said...

Aldeles nyydelig :)
Tusen takk for at du deltar på utfordringen vår :)

Unni
Card and Scrap

Loll said...

Fun card and fun technique Karen. Love this done in blues. Would be great if you'd link up to the HLS Feb. CAS embossing challenge. Loll xx

Marie-Louise said...

Marvellous card Karen. Love the technique.

Donna said...

Very pretty card, love the colour combo of white blue and black together!
Thanks for joining the Shopping Our Stash crew for our "TP or not TP" challenge this week!!

Davi said...

Beautiful Karen, love the cool technique :)

Sarn said...

SUPER technique and a fab card xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

Hi Karen wonderful card.

thank you for your comments on my cards on splitcoast the condoleance cards.

Gr Karin

Deepti said...

A work of art :)

Kylie said...

Beautiful and bright. The blue and white is so lovely together. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Chris Dring said...

This is such a pretty card! Love the way you used the EF, and the colors you used. Any chance that you could clarify how you used paper towels or toilet paper on your card? I'm stumped and can't figure it out! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Leslie Hanna said...

Such a pretty card! I like the doodling around the masked image, and the contrast of the black flower stamped over it.

If you could, please clarify how your project meets our challenge of using toilet paper or paper towels either ON your project, or as inspiration for your project.

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Leslie Hanna said...

Karen - thanks for the update!

Joan said...

Great use of embossing folders, we are all guilty of not using them enough! very pretty card

Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month
Joan

Madeline said...

This is gorgeous! Love the background technique!

Eret said...

It's gorgeous. I love the colors and interesting background. Black shilhouette is fantastic on it. Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Stamping Sensation.
Eret x

cards by Stevo said...

Lovely card thanx for joining us at SOC x