Friday 6 February 2015

STAMPlorations - Stamps and Hearts

Happy Friday.  
Valentine's Day is quickly approaching and I want to get a few cards made so when Shery from STAMPlorations asked me to be the Guest Designer I was in.

http://stamplorations.auctivacommerce.com/Default.aspx


This month the theme of the challenge is:
http://stamplorations.blogspot.ca/search/label/monthly%20challenge

So, I began by masking then stamping  the bottom of my card front using the Subway Art Builders: Create stamp using grey Memento ink.  I scored a line about the masked area using my Scor-bug then cut the panel for interest.  
I created the heart by rubbing Picked Raspberry and Barn Door Distress inks onto my non-stick craft sheet, sprayed with water and dragged my paper through the wet ink.  I free hand cut the heart then doodled a border around the edge.  I stamped the sentiment from Penny Black then mounted the panels with pop dots.  I added the twine to finish off my card.

I am adding my card to these challenges:

Addicted to CAS- HUGS and KISSES

Simply Create Too- VALENTINE'S DAY

The Male Room- VALENTINE

The Mixed Media Challenge- LOVE



 Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.  I hope you get a chance to check out the challenge and play along. 

Supplies:  stamps- STAMPlorations, PB/ Memento ink/ pop dots/ Distress inks/ Fine line Bl Pen/ Scor-bug

26 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Absolutely awesome! Love the word-art border and that sweet row of dry embossing! You've got some major talent! Thanks for guest designing with us at STAMPlorations this month!

LauraJane:) said...

SUPER design!! It's always fun to see a card and not recognize the stamps because of the unique way the artist has used it .. I LOVE that oh ya! moment. Great having you as GD at STAMPlorations!

CherylQuilts said...

Karen, what a great valentine card! Love your doodling and the great colors! So good to see you stamping again and pray you are feeling all better! Warm hugs!

Julie B said...

Love the way you inked the heart it gives it such texture and interest.
So pleased to have you join us as GD this month. :)

Sari / Granne said...

Love all the different elements you have used, card is brilliant CAS with great textures.

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous card Karen, the text panel looks brilliant with your super hand cut heart.
Pauline
x

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your Guest DT spot, Karen! I love your pretty heart and how you added texture and dimension to it, and your background stamping is lovely!
Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATCAS!

joy said...

The colors used for the heart just make it pop, Karen! I love the stamped text border paired with the scored line. Congrats on the guest designer spot!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Awww... this card makes me happy. That doodle border really makes that heart.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gorgeous! So well done - I love the design! Thanks for sharing at the Mixed Media Card Challenge.

My Paper Epiphany said...

This card looks perfect for the Addicted to Stamps and more challenge too!
http://www.addictedtostamps-challenge.blogspot.com.au/2015/02/challenge-130-photo-inspiration.html

sweet art designs said...

Love you design. Very effective. Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too - Myrna DT

Bobby said...

Love your hand cut heart with the doodles, Karen. This is such a sweet card.

VanessaB said...

awesome. love this!

Wei Wei said...

Fabulous design! Love the sketch and elements you've combined! Great to have you as GD at STAMPlorations this month .

maria f. said...

Glad to see you GDing. I love what you've done with the subway art and splitting the panel. That looks so cool as a background.

Anni said...

What a beautiful card! Love the gap in the panel!
Anni

Julia Aston said...

What a great Valentine Karen! The red heart looks wonderful against the subway art sentiment!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Perfect! Thanks for joining in at ATCAS and TMR!

Loll said...

LOVE this design Karen. The mix of the subway sentiments with the pretty doodled heart is perfect. Loll xx

Loll said...

Oops! Thanks so much for playing along at Mixed Media Card Challenge, my friend! xx

Deepti said...

Gorgeous :) Thank you for sharing with ATCAS, MMCC and I am so glad to have you as out GD at STAMPlorations

Rosmarie said...

Absolutely awesome!! Love the cutted panel!!
Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too with this great card.
Rosi x

sannalippert said...

yes, I like this alot! really nice card! thanks for playing along with us at MMCC :)

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely super. Love the clean, simple layout. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!!

sweet art designs said...

AWESOME design. Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too - Myrna DT