Tuesday 24 February 2015

Think Spring

I don't know about you, but I could really use a little SPRING right about now.
The challenge at Splitcoast was to 'Think Spring'.  When I think Spring, I think of tulips and blue skies, so here is what I came up with.

I cut a piece of cardstock and started stamping these beautiful tulips from Serendipity Stamps with black Memento ink along the bottom edge of the paper.
Next, I got out my Distress inks, pressed them onto my acrylic block and used them to do a loose watercolour on the flowers and the background.
When dry, I mounted it to my card front with pop dots then stamped the sentiment from Penny Black.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Simply Create Too- ANYTHING GOES

Crafting From The Heart- ANYTHING GOES

Craft Your Passion- ANYTHING GOES

Card and Scrap- ANYTHING GOES

Stampin' Celebration- INSPIRATION
(I was inspired by the colours in the photo)
 

Hoping that Spring arrives soon.  Thanks for the visit.

Supplies:  stamps- Serendipity, Penny Black/ Memento ink/ Distress ink/ paint brush/ bl pearls

21 comments:

Halina said...

Beautyful card.....I love your coloring.....

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, this is gorgeous! Just love your tulips and great coloring with the blue watercolored sky!! Stunning! And it's perfectly matted in that great blue. A real beauty and reminder of spring, sweet friend! Keep warm! Hugs!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is perfect for spring! And, I love tulips and blue sky as well. This card is gorgeous!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Love this ... the soft blue makes the flowers pop.

Vivi said...

.

Vivi said...

Beautiful card, love the color.....

Thanks for joining us at Card and Scrap

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I think of spring as being psychotic because it can't decide if it wants to be summer or it would rather stay window. You nailed the spring feeling with this card though. Gorgeous watercoloring!

maria's knutselplezier said...

Beautiful card , I love tulip a lot, nice waterpainted background!!! Great!!!

Greetings
MAria

Gabi MeWi said...

Such a wonderful card - gorgeous colors.

Sarn said...

A really, really LOVELY watercoloured card xxx

Susan Powell said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!

kandis said...

Stunning card. I live your colouring. Thank you for joining us at CFTH challenge.

Unknown said...

Thank you for entering our challenge at crafting from the heart. There is only one thing that is puzzling me your thumbnail on the inline is showing a pic of a lasagne. Lol good luck and hugs.
Fiona blog co-owner xx

Inkyfingers said...

What a beautiful, spring card. I love your watercolouring too!
Thanks for sharing with us at Simply Create Too and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Carol x

OttawaMom said...

A lovely Spring card - those flowers are beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin' Celebration!

Loll said...

So gorgeous Karen. Love the colours of your flowers - bright and cheerful. And that background - AWESOME! Loll xx

Anonymous said...

Stunning Karen!!!

Tracy said...

Such a beautiful card.
The image is so pretty and I like the vibrant colours

Je@net said...

What a beautiful spring card, Karen! Love the watercoloring in your card!

Davi said...

OH my Karen I think this is SO gorgeous!! I love the soft watery background and the flowers look so real :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

Lovely Spring Easter card Karen, I am SO GLAD to see you join this challenge, I am such a FAN, so YAY, I sure hope that you have a great weekend! Thanks for sharing!!!!