Sunday 8 February 2015

Water Washed


Where does the weekend go?  As most of you know, I love the look of watercolour.  Love the blur of the lines and the open, airy feel it gives to an image.  This week, the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast was from the wonderfully done watercolour paintings by Kanta Harusaki.  Here is the painting and it's colours that inspired my card:


I began by colouring my flower stamp from Unity with Memento markers.  I sprayed my watercolour paper then my stamp and pressed it onto the paper.  I repeated that process until I was happy with the look.  To re-create the look of the water washing up on the rocks, I did a very loose watercolour wash. 
Isn't that sentiment just the best!  I won that one from the Stampin Place.

 Also adding my card to these challenges:

 CAS-ual Fridays- MUST LOVE WATERCOLOUR

Seize the Birthday- ANYTHING GOES

Simon Says- BRIGHT AND BEAUTIFUL

CAS on Sunday- FLOWERS

The Crafting Cafe- YOUR FAV TECHNIQUE



Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Unity, Stampin Place/ Memento markers/ Memento bl ink/ paint brush

18 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your water colored card is so beautiful! I admire your talents in the way you seem to capture the correct washed look. I never can manage that. So I thoroughly enjoyed viewing this card.

Grá O'Neill said...

Beautiful card, love the colours & the great watercolouring :)

Kim M said...

This is gorgeous, Karen! I love how your flowers seem to be painted by hand. Just wonderful!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, this is gorgeous! I love the water color flowers, and your background is stunning! Just love that sentiment - it's so true! Hope you are keeping warm and feeling well! Sending hugs!

Gabby said...

Gorgeous card, Karen! LOVE the layers of ink you used on the vibrant flowers. Great watercolor wash bkgrd, too. :)

maria's knutselplezier said...

Super!!!

Greetings
Maria

Zw@@n said...

Gorgeous card, Karen. Pretty colours and stamp. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

shirley-bee said...

Sigh. Just wonderful.

judy said...

Lovely! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Olga Direktorenko said...

It is so touching! Tears actually filled my eyes!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Karen! The colours and flowers are so pretty and the sentiment is lovely.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Simply wonderful. That is the perfect sentiment for this card.

Dawn said...

What a beautiful card & a perfect sentiment!
Thanks for playing in the Favourite Technique Challenge at The Crafting Cafe this month!
Good Luck & I hope you'll play along next month too!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Nikki said...

A stunner of a card and I love the sentiment - it's just perfect.
Thank you for playing along with us over on the Crafting Cafe xxx

Rebecca Hoy said...

Beautiful watercoloring. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays, Rebecca x

Michelle Lupton said...

Love your watercoloured image, and that sentiment makes me smile! Thanks for playing along with the watercolour challenge at CASual Fridays :)

Hath said...

Lovely design! Thanks for joining us this month at crafting cafe :)

mand said...

Beautiful, stunning work. Thanks for joining us at the Crafting Cafe