Tuesday 12 May 2015

Thoughtful

Morning.  Meet today's card.
The CAS challenge at Splitcoast was to create a Thank-You card so here is what I came up with.

I inked the Pop Pop Poppy from Penny Black by using my watercolour crayons.
First, I wet the stamp with water and a paint brush then I colour directly onto the stamp with the crayons.  By adding the water, it helps the colours blend together when stamping.
Next, I stamped the sentiment from PTI with black Memento ink and added some paint splatters.
My card needed something more so I drew in a black-line border with a fine tip marker.

I am adding my card to these challenges:

City Crafter- FOCUS ON FLOWERS

Cards in Envy- WHEN NATURE CALLS

Craft Your Passion- ANYTHING GOES

Monday Mood Board- PHOTO INSPIRED
(tulip inspired)

Use Your Stuff- SUNSHINE


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.  I appreciate it so very much!

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black, PTI/ Memento bl ink/ Watercolor crayons/ paint brush/ Mini mister/ fine tip marker

27 comments:

LisaM said...

Oh my, this is gorgeous! I love the watercolor look! Thanks for sharing it with us at Cards In Envy!

Davi said...

Really beautiful Karen!! Love the image and how they are so soft looking with your technique and rich colors are lovely :)

Deepti said...

Wow! what a beauty!

Unknown said...

Lovely card, love the colour combo and the black line border really adds to it. Karen x

Verna Angerhofer said...

You continue to amaze me with your beautiful card designs. This is fantabulous! Is that a word? Well it sure should be as I really love this one you made.

Jan Castle said...

Delightful card!!!!

Dotty Jo said...

Fabulous card! I love the colours and the design. That border really pulls everything together beautifully - great work on the details, Jo x

Maria said...

Beautiful flowers...such a lovely card!!!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is gorgeous. I love the splattered and blended look of this.

Stella said...

Birght, bold and gorgeous. I love the modern look of your card. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB this week!

Gabby said...

Creative, bright, pretty! Your style rocks! :)

Ros Crawford said...

This is so beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

pam said...

Beautiful card!!

Sarn said...

What a firecracker of a card. LOVE IT xxx

Sandy Trefger said...

Beautiful poppies! I love how you created them! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!


~Sandy
Sandy’s Crafty Creations Blog

Ruby said...

Beautiful card. Love the colours.

Bobby said...

Adding that black line to those wonderfully crayoned and stamped flowers was a great idea, Karen. I don't know how you got it so perfect.

Lori said...

This is a beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining our sunshine challenge at Use Your Stuff!
Lori - UYSDT

Unknown said...

Your card is so beautiful. Thank you for playing along at Craft Your Passion!
~ Bonnie DT

Samra said...

Beautiful and very artistic! Thank you very much for joining us at CCCB this week!
Samra DT

Tammy L said...

Gorgeous card and I love the technique! Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again.
Tammy DT

Michelle Looi said...

This is so gorgeous! Love the watercolor effect!
Lovely take on the Sunshine theme. Thanks for playing at Use Your Stuff!

Maguda said...

This card is stunning. And the use of the stamp simply clever ;) Love it!

Jenelle said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors you used and that sentiment is awesome!

wendipooh13 said...

love love your flowers on here!!! Thanks for playing with Cards in Envy!!!

SweetScraps said...

Gorgeous watercolour flowers! Thanks for joining in at Use Your Stuff!

whoistracy said...

I love the watercolor here. So gorgeous!! So glad you could join in my Monday Mood Board!