Monday 1 February 2016

Purple Beauties

Good morning.
This morning I am playing along with the challenge at Splitcoast; create a purple birthday card.

I took out one of my favourite flower stamps from Stampendous and inked it up with black Memento ink.  I stamped the hydrangea onto my cardstock and did a loose watercolor using Brushos.  
I was all ready to stamp the sentiment on the card front, then I dropped the inked stamp and smudged my paper.  All was not lost though.  I cut out the flower and pop dot mounted it to my card front instead which I liked better as it added more dimension and interest....happy accident.
I die cut the front panel using a stitched die from MFT and added the sentiment.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES

Just Add Ink- NATURE 

Crafting With Friends- ANYTHING GOES


Have a great week and thanks for the visit.

Supplies:  stamps- Rubbernecker, Stampendous/ Brushos/ Memento bl ink/ paint brush/ stitched die- MFT/ pop dots

22 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Very pretty!! Love the range of color.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous

Hannelie said...

You make it sound so easy Karen! This is beautiful! I love the intense color!

Lee-Anne said...

I'm a big fan of purple, Karen...I love all the different shades on this gorgeous card!

OH Babs said...

Oh happy day for you a happy accident. Love the card.

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so gorgeous and I love the sentiment used with this card. I always love your work.

Donna Ellis said...

So gorgeous, Karen! Lovely shading and wonderful design! Hugs, de

Virginia L. said...

You have achieved a GREAT depth with the colors and design, Karen! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

Loll said...

Wow ... gorgeous watercolouring Karen! That stamp is amazing, and you have really given life to the blooms with your colouring skills. Love that you were able to "save" it with fussy-cutting. :) Hope you're having a great start to your week. xx

Jeanne H said...

Oh boy! I find I always am attracted to blue and purple ink on cards, so I really love your two today. Just beautiful. :-)

nancy littrell said...

I love your hydrangea image and how your beautifully colored it with your Brushos :-) TFS and always inspiring me my friend. Hugs, Nancy

Nikki Spencer said...

Wow...What a fabulous effect Karen! Love the watercolour look and loose lines...I think l need to take a closer look at Brushos..:0) Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Jan said...

This is gorgeous Karen! I love the ombré offer of your flowers and your sentiment is lovely too - happy accident indeed! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Such a stunning card and I really really really love the sentiment! All to perfect for our just add nature challenge this week :)

Trish
JAI Design Team

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Gorgeous card. I liked the popped up floral focal point. Happy accident indeed!

Diane Jaquay said...

This card is absolutely GORGEOUS, I love purple, and hydrangeas!!!

Unknown said...

Adorable card.
Hope you can also join our challenge here :
http://mycraftingstories.blogspot.co.id/2016/02/challenge-2-anything-goes-dt-call.html

Hugs,
Merlina
My Crafting Stories

Lori said...

Beautiful - what gorgeous purple flowers! And so smart with your coverup. Have a wonderful day!

Shona Chambers said...

Wow Karen, those purple flowers are absolutely stunning!! Your colouring skills are incredible and love how they pop against the white background. So happy to see you at Just Add Ink this week!

Bobby said...

Beautiful. I love that big bold stamp and the way you watercolored it.

Anke said...

Wonderful card, so beautiful.

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Karen, is this ever one GORGEOUS card! I love this image and got it after you used it, and I love it in purple and with your Brushos colors! Hugs!