Monday 29 August 2016

All Natural


 Good Morning.

I have the pleasure of hosting the TLC (Technique Lovers) Challenge at Splitcoast this week.
The challenge is called 
  My challenge is all about using 'natural' elements to create a card.

I love being out in my garden and trying to bring my love of cardmaking and gardening together is always a favourite technique I like to play around with.

For my card, I used some geraniums from my garden, placed them onto a piece of watercolor paper and ran them through my Cuttlebug.  The flowers transferred their color onto my paper and I was left with a most beautiful impression.
Keeping my card super simple, I stamped the sentiment from the Penny Black set called Treasured Sentiments with black Memento ink and mounted the piece on some pale purple cardstock.
I added some scored lines to the top and bottom to add some definition to the panel.  

I would love for you to give it a try.  You can press leaves, flowers, weeds; anything you can find outside and use it to press and transfer an impression onto your paper.
If you don't own a die-cutting machine, place a piece of paper over the natural piece and hit it with a hammer to transfer the image onto your paper.

Helpful hints:  if your impression is too wet, dry with your heat gun a bit and press again.
If your natural element won't press because it's too dry, give it a light spray of water to help transfer the color.



 Adding my card to these challenges:

Penny Black Saturday Challenge:  YOUR FAV TECHNIQUE

Brown Sugar- BLACK, WHITE and a SPLASH OF COLOR

Simply Papercrafts- ANYTHING GOES



If you get a chance to try this out, I would love to see what you create so drop me a note and a link to your card!
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- PB/ Cuttlebug/ garden finds/ ink- Memento/ ScorPal

23 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

What a fantastic idea. Gorgeous card - so delicate.

Aileen said...

Karen this is fantastic. What a brilliant idea and it looks totally stunning. Have to give this a try, just need to find a flower.....

Mary said...

This is so awesome and beautiful!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO VERY beautiful, love the delicateness of this card.
Faith
x

Dotty Jo said...

Looks lovely - such a dainty, delicate image, Jo x

Gabi MeWi said...

So soft and adorable.I love it.

Christine said...

WOW! GREAT! Fantastic! Thank you!
Chistine
https://stempel-wahn.blogspot.de/

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is absolutely stunning. I love the subtle beautiful colors.

marilyn said...

Beautiful card...as usual! I've hammered flowers before, but never run through my Big Shot...fun idea!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a great idea for an all natural look. Nothing but brick in my yard. I'd better now run that through the Big Shot.

Christine M said...

WOW Karen such a beautiful card .... so subtle looks just like a water coloured image. You have inspired me to try this ... now what is there in my garden???
tfs

Nstiz said...

I have done this technique and am in awe that you created this with geraniums! This is gorgeous, Karen! I usually get a wet blob of color but this definitely appears to be flowers! So beautifully done!

nancy littrell said...

So natural and beautiful Karen. I thought you had stamped and watercolored a flower image...gosh, I guess that is sort of what you did. TFS...I sure hope I get a chance to play. Hugs, nancy

maria's knutselplezier said...

Fantastic, gorgious card, I love the way tou set the flowers on the card , just gorgious!!!

Greetings
Maria

Linda Simpson said...

A very pretty card. Thank you for joining us over at Brown Sugar and we look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Linda xxx
Brown Sugar DT

Simona said...

Lovely card! Thank you for joining Brown Sugar Challenge this week. Good luck!

Simona, DT member

Anke said...

Wonderful card, so lovely.

Hugs
Anke

Donna said...

Such a lovely idea... and one I hope I remember to have a go at... before I forget.
Thanks for sharing... X

Sandy said...

Wow! I've never seen this before. This is amazing! Wow!!!!!
Hugz

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--this is so gorgeous, Karen! I've heard of this technique, but never saw it used! Hoping something in my yard will work--can't wait to try it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at PBSC!

Annick said...

wow. It's really pretty. I first thought it was a stamp or a water colour ! really nice,Karen !

Anita in France said...

Oh my, Karen, this is so beautiful ... a stunner! What a fantastic technique, I never knew flowers could be pressed to make their colour transfer ... now I do it's something I must try out! Thanks so much for the inspiration! Hugs, Anita :)

Olga said...

Wow, stunning effect! The transfer is gorgeous.