Monday 10 October 2016

Perceptions


 Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians today.
I cooked a big dinner yesterday so have time to play a bit today.  

There was a fun CAS challenge posted this morning at Splitcoast called It's the One; make a one-layer card using only one stamp and one sentiment.  Well the challenge was on.

I began by masking the center area of my card using Painter's Tape.  I then positioned my stamp inside my MISTI, stamped with black Memento ink and heat embossed with clear powder.  I did that so the image would stay crisp when I sponged the next layers.
Next, I moved the stamp over slightly and stamped again using Rusty Hinge Distress ink then Tumbled Glass.  It helped to create a reflection look to my image.
I then sponged on some Salty Ocean Distress ink and then using a wet paintbrush, I lifted some of the colour to highlight areas of my scene.
I removed the mask and scored a border around using my ScorPal.
I stamped the sentiment from Serendipity under the scene and heat embossed it with clear powder.


 Adding my card to these challenges:

Addicted to CAS- WATERCOLORED

Less is More- ONE LAYER-DREAMS
*this stamp reminds me of NY, somewhere I dream of
going someday*

Addicted to Stamps and More- CLEAN AND SIMPLE

CAS Mix Up- GHOSTING, STAMPING and CHOICE (water lifting)

Artistic Inspirations- JUST FOR FUN


 Hope you have a great week and thanks so much for popping in.

Supplies:  stamps- Technique Junkies, Serendipity/ ink- Distress, Memento/ cl embossing powder/ painter's tape/ MISTI/ applicator tool/ paint brush/ ScorPal





22 comments:

Esther said...

What a super make, so creative and great use of stamping and inking to create a beautiful effect in this scene. Hope you make it to NY one day! Thanks for sharing with us at Less is More :)

Loll said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Karen! Lovely card with this one scene stamp. Love how you've added some reflection colours and how you've lifted colour with a paintbrush. So creative and beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Bonnie said...

I love the dimension you've achieved with the stamping and the color lifting really gives even more dimension! Very clever design, Karen! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at CAS Mix Up!

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Karen, this is a masterpiece! Love the idea with multiple stamping to get reflection effect. Thank you so much for sharing your card at Addicted to CAS - Sweet Kobylkin

Ina G said...

Simply stunning Karen. Love the soft colours and fabulous reflection. Just WOW!

Craftychris said...

Ooh this is beautiful! The picture has so much depth - wonderful! Happy Thanksgiving to you for yesterday! xxx

Zoechaos said...

Fantastic sentiment, so true. Terrific card.

Diane Jaquay said...

Beautiful card, love the colors in your cityscape!

Gretchen Wilson said...

Wowza! this is so beautiful, a fabulous job with the stamping and layering, the colors are gorgeous!
Now can I ask what stamp you used?

clelie said...

Wonderfully clever technique!

Nstiz said...

Your techniques are amazing, Karen! Love the triple stamping on this one. I'd have never thought to do that. I just LOVE that image and what an outstanding job you did with it. Your scoring gives the illusion of another layer. How cool that looks!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great sentiment and I love your sketchy city scene on that background as well.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is so excellent. Your image has such depth to it. You know how to create that illusion well. If I were to try it would just look like I didn't know how to stamp well (the dreaded double image). I like this very much!

Helen Gullett said...

WOW... Karen... this is fabulous and amazing! Love your sketchy city and sentiment. Just fabulous!
Thank you for playing along with Addicted To Stamp and More - CAS Challenge!

nancy littrell said...

Amazing City Scene with your stamped and heat embossed image and reflection stamping. So creative and interesting Karen. Beautiful sentiment too. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs, Nancy

Em said...

I love your work and thank you for introducing me to some very interesting stamp companies.

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

What a fabulous card Karen. The way you repositioned the stamp and inked it in the different colours is so effective -I may need to try that technique one day! I hope you make it to your dream city one day. Thank you so much for joining us at Less is More. Xx

Bobby said...

One stamp, one sentiment seems like quite a challenge to me, Karen, and you pulled it off beautifully. Moving the card to double stamp the image adds a lot to the scene.

Sarah G said...

This is a fabulous one layer card, Karen and I love your take on our 'dream' theme this week! Great to see you at Less is More :)

Donna said...

Another fantastic sentiment, Karen. Beautiful stamping:)

Chrissie said...

Granny duties have put me hopelessly behind this week!
I'm sorry I'm so late in visiting!
This is a fab effect Karen, thanks for the Dreams explanation too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Daria said...

I love the effect you achieved by stamping the repeated stamping in three colors. TFS.