Saturday 4 October 2014

Gentle Snowflakes


Happy World Card Making Day!!!

Great day to be stamping out some more Christmas cards and then wouldn't you know it, my camera died.  It has been acting up for awhile so is in the shop for repairs....may be weeks!!  AAHHH!! 
 Hence, the poor photo taken with my phone. 

Well anyways, saw this challenge at Splitcoast and wanted to play along.  Here are the cookies that inspired my card from the Cotton and Crumbs site:

Snowflakes

I began creating the background by sponging over a Spellbinders Impression Plate that I have had forever and never used with Distress inks.  When dry, I stamped the sentiment from PTI with Memento black ink.  I die cut the snowflakes (Spellbinders again) and leaving the paper in the die, sponged on some more of the background inks.  I tied it all up with a pretty silver string.


Also adding my card to these challenges:

Addicted to CAS- STENCIL

A Gem of a Challenge- CLEAN and SIMPLE

Christmas Stampin' All Year- LOTS OF SNOWFLAKES

Sister Act Card Challenge- ANYTHING GOES


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a peek.
For all my card making friends out there, I hope you have a wonderfully, creative and inspired day.

Supplies:  stamps- PTI/ Spellbinders snowflake die/ Spellbinders Impression Plate/ Distress ink- Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Shaded Lilac/ Cuttlebug/ Memento bl ink/ silver twine






8 comments:

Heather said...

This is beautiful!! I LOVE blue and snowflakes, so to me, this is a perfect card! : ) Your snowflakes are very elegant. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

Lin said...

I always love your blue work, Karen, and this is no exception! Beautiful!

Kylie said...

Beautiful Christmas card and colours. That sencil is lovely! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

Unknown said...

Great card, I love snowflakes. Karen x

Loll said...

Gorgeous stenciling Karen. Love the mix of shades of blue for the background. The layered snowflakes is beautiful and I love it with the silver cording. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS. Loll xx

JMC Creates said...

Poor you but you did a great job with the phone and this card is beautiful. Jacqui DT Sister Act

shirley-bee said...

Beautiful soft background on your card, Karen!

Unknown said...

Lovely card Karen. Gorgeous soft blue stencilled background. Thanks for playing along at Addicted to CAS.

Karen x