Thursday 23 October 2014

Peace Be With You


It is never easy to make a sympathy card but I like to have some on hand.
Today's challenge at Splitcoast, Emboss it 2 Ways; use heat and dry embossing.  On the main panel, I stamped the grasses from Memory Box and embossed them using clear eb powder.  I then rubbed Distress inks over the image to represent a sunrise and splattered some water to look like dew.  
For the back panel of my card, I did some random embossing by placing my cardstock into an embossing folder and hit it with a rubber mallet.  I mounted the grasses onto white cardstock then mounted that with pop dots over the back panel.

Adding my card to these challenges;

CAS on Sunday- EMBOSS IT

Craft Room Challenge- MAKE YOUR OWN BKG

Simon Says Monday- ANYTHING GOES

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Stampin Up, Memory Box/ Distress ink- Squeezed Lemonade, Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean, Ripe Persimmon, Mustard Seed/ bl Memento ink/ clear eb powder/ Embossing Folder- Sizzix/ rubber mallet

16 comments:

Hannelie said...

Karen your work is so inspiring. This is one of those cards I just cannot stop staring at!
Beautiful !!!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Wonderful, I love cards that way.

Jenni's Jems said...

This is so eye-catching and simply stunning work!x

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, yes, sympathy cards are so hard to make, especially when you need them. It's better to have some on hand and ready to send. I totally LOVE this one. Just love the double embossing and amazingly rich colors for the sunrise in the grasses! Gorgeous, sweet friend! You never disappoint! Hugs, my friend!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Karen
Fabulous card... Love the ink colours
Hugs Sylvie xx

Sue B said...

Oh this is beautiful Karen… so peaceful… perfect for a Sympathy card! I agree, too hard to make them when you need them... so better to have some to hand.
Hope you have a great evening!
Big hugs
Sue B xx

Toni said...

Just so lovely

Mervi said...

Really beautiful and stylish card.
Thank you for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge;-))m

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

Loll said...

Really beautiful Karen. Love the sponged distress inks and the grass silhouette. Great tip for adding just a big of dry embossing. Loll xx

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card! I love the "dots" you made on your background paired with the dry embossed dots on the base card. Thank you SO much for joining us at the Craft-Room Challenge ~ Christi

anja curvers said...

Very beautiful love the embossing. Thank you for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous colours and design. Your CAS style is beautiful, I've checked out other posts as well. Thanks for stopping in at my blog, much appreciated, Shirleyx

Amber Milone said...

Beautiful background! I love your clean and simple look. Thanks for joining us at the Craft Room!

Debi said...

what a beautiful sympathy card, just a lovely background and stamp combination, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi xx

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

I just love your bright and colorful background.