Monday 6 April 2015

It's a Wrap

I hope you enjoyed a Happy Easter.  Sure didn't feel like Easter where I live as we had a mini snowstorm overnight and the ground was once again covered in snow.  Just when we think Spring has Sprung, winter just doesn't want to give it up!!

As most of you know, I have been having such a fun time playing with my Bister paint medium.  I saw this technique and wanted to give it a try.  Others that have done this technique suggest using glossy paper but since I didn't have any, I just used my regular heavy weight cardstock and went for it with pleasant results.  
First, you need to take a piece of plastic wrap and lay it down on your work surface but crinkle it up a bit.  Sprinkle some Bister over top of the plastic wrap then spray with water.  Next, I laid my paper on top of the plastic and wrapped it around my paper.  I set it aside for 10 minutes so the ink could soak into the paper then I removed the plastic to reveal this wonderful background.  Love the detail it left behind.  I stamped the sentiment with black Stazon then added the die-cut fern.  The fern mimics the lines on the background.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Seize the Birthday- ANYTHING GOES

Simon Says- HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Just Us Girls- SPRING

Simply Create Too- ANYTHING GOES

Sister Act- ANYTHING GOES


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamp- Mama Elephant/ Bister/ plastic wrap/ Mini Mister/ Stazon bl/ Cuttlebug/ fern-Memory Box

22 comments:

Pamellia said...

Wow Karen, this is stunning! I have tried the cling wrap technique but never with Bister products...what a gorgeous effect you achieved! Love your colours! hugs :)

Unknown said...

Love the card, sounds a fun technique. Karen x

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

I love the plastic wrap technique too, your result is grandiose, I love the color combination.
Big hugs and better weather!
Anja

SD pooja said...

Wonderful technique,the bg looks fab !

Verna Angerhofer said...

Really lovely look. I am very inspired!

I Brake For Stamps said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Craftychris said...

Fabulous background and the fern ties in perfectly! xxx

shirley-bee said...

This is fabulous, Karen. I also like the effect on non-glossy paper. Love what you're doing with the bister - especially your One Layer Simplicity card, fantastic.
Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Love the crinkle look background, very nifty. Gorgeous card as always. That die fern--swoon!

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Karen.

Bobby said...

I just love coming here and seeing what you've created, Karen.

Unknown said...

stunning and FABulous!

Davi said...

Fabulous results with the technique and the fern looks wonderful with it! Beautiful Karen :)

maria's knutselplezier said...

So beautiful , I love it!!

Greetings
Maria

Loll said...

This turned out so beautifully Karen. I have tried it with w/c paper and sprays and it's fun too! :) xx

sweet art designs said...

Stunning background. Wow! Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too - Myrna DT

Anonymous said...

Do we live near each other? We had Easter snow too!!
YOu background work is just gorgeous!! And the white fern on it is such a great contrast! Wonderful card!
Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Teresa Kline said...

stunning, fabulous technique! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

stampwithsandy said...

So beautiful. I happened across your card in the Simon gallery and it really jumped out at me. Bister paint is new to me, but I'll have to check it out since I love your card so much!

Chris Dring said...

Wow! Such a cool technique and love how your background turned out! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Betty J Schaub said...

I can see I need more practice with my bister. Your cards are fabby!

Kathy Krug said...

Thanks for leaving such a nice comment on my blog. I have spen quite some time looking at and reading some of your descriptions. Love all the backgrounds you make and your waterr coloring is beautiful.