Friday 25 November 2016

Christmas Critters

 Morning.
Meet this adorable little pair just sharing some Christmas cheer.
Playing with a new image from the Penny Black set called Snow Much Fun.

I began by stamping the image using my Misti, then coloured it using Copic markers.  I added some Wink of Stella over the fox to give him a shiny coat.  Too bad you can't really see that in the photo.
 Next, using a circle die, I partially cut a circle from a piece of cardstock.  I glued that onto my card front and then sponged the bottom area with some Salty Ocean Distress ink to help ground the image. 

I positioned my image inside the circle area and stamped again using Memento black ink.  I did that so I could pop-dot the coloured image over the top and didn't have to fussy cut out the holly and berries.

I stamped the sentiment from the PB set called Festive Snippets.
I bordered the edges of my card front with some red polka dot washi tape and pop dot mounted the whole piece over that.






 Adding my card to these challenges:

Little Red Wagon- SPARKLE AND SHINE

CASology- SOFT

Simon Says- CHRISTMAS TO DIE FOR


Moving Along with the Times- ANYTHING GOES WITH CHRISTMAS


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- PB/ ink- Memento bl, Distress/ Copic markers/ sponge applicator/ circle die/ MISTI/ Washi tape/ pop dots

15 comments:

Craftychris said...

Such a super cute image and a gorgeous card! xxx

Susan said...

Adorable image! Love the way you partially cut the circle.

nancy littrell said...

Aaahh...so sweet and beautifully colored my friend. TFS Karen. Hugs, Nancy

Verna Angerhofer said...

Another cute and adorable card design. I love the pattern paper along the edges and the way your image was laid out with the cut circle behind it.

Bonnie said...

Another cute Christmas card, Karen! What a beautiful fox!

Donna said...

Such a sweet image, Karen.
Utterly adorable. X

Joyce said...

Adorable dog, and how nice he is being to that bird ( my dog would try to eat that bird in a heart beat). Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Oh my gosh! Penny Black does a fox now?! This card is so adorable!

Brenda said...

I love this darling card. I'm always so disappointed that the Wink of Stella doesn't show well in photos. I can image how pretty this must look IRL. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Karen
Super cute festive card.
Thanks for joining in at MAWTT.
Ang

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a sweet card for this week's cue Karen. Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Aw! how sweet, a lovely card.
Faith
x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Karen! The image is so cute and I love how you have the strips of red polka.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Loll said...

Sweet!! Not only the cutest little critters, but such a fantastic and unique design with the partially cut circle frame. Love it! xx

Unknown said...

UFC 207

UFC 207 live

UFC 207

UFC 207 live

UFC 207 live

UFC 207 live Streaming

UFC 207 live Free Stream

Watch UFC 207

Watch UFC 207 live

UFC 207 Fight Card

Ronda Rousey vs Amanda Nunes live

Nunes vs Rousey live

Rousey vs Nunes live Streaming

UFC 207: Nunes vs Rousey live