Monday 15 May 2017

Casing Myself- The Flower Challenge

Good Morning.
This month at The Flower Challenge we have something fun for you to play along with.
It's time to Case a DT and you should see the inspiring cards there to case!


Some of you may have seen my first card I added to the challenge to be cased.


I began by die cutting out the framed area.  First, I cut out the opening for the frame using my Cuttlebug. Then to get the embossed stitched edge, I placed the next larger size of die from the same set into my machine but placed it onto a silicone pad instead of directly onto a cutting plate.  You may have to try it using a few different types of shims but it will emboss you paper instead of cutting through it.
This time, instead of doing the folds on my inky paper like my original card, I created a piece of woodgrain paper using Elmer's glue and Distress inks.  To see my full tutorial about how to do this go here:
 Again like my first card, I die cut flowers from white cardstock to keep it simple and stamped the sentiment.


Also adding my card to these challenges:

Addicted to Stamps and More-ANYTHING GOES

Craft Stamper Magazine- ANYTHING STAMPED GOES

As You Like It- FAV DIE AND WHY
(I love hollyhocks but can't grow them in my garden as it is too wet.
I just love their majestic, tall and beautiful blooms)


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
Supplies
Stamps- Happy Birthday (Studio G)
Inks- Weathered Wood, Faded Jeans, Salty Ocean, Stormy Skies Distress (TH), Memento black 
  Paper- Strathmore Bristol
Accessories and Tools- Cuttlebug, silicone mat, Elmer's glue, ScorPal, hollyhock die (Impression Obsession),
stitched frame die (Memory Box)

18 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love this rendition you made too..such pretty dies you have for these designs.

Christine Alexander said...

love the first one but this one is amazing, your wood grain is so beautiful in blue.

Kat said...

beautiful! thanks for sharing your woodgrain tutorial!

Pat said...

I love the idea of CASEing your own card Karen and the woodgrain background looks great behind the pretty hollyhocks which stand our beautifully in white, and the embossed stitched edge to the frame goes perfectly. x

Susan said...

Karen, this is fabulous! I love the hollyhock dies and they look great against the woodgrain background. A card I will definitely CASE one day!!

nancy littrell said...

I Love your CASE'd card, Karen. It turned out as beautifully as your original card, which I Loved!!! TFS your card and description my friend. Hugs..

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Stunning design, Karen. Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

dnisme@blogspot.com said...

Beautiful card as always, Karen. I love hollyhocks too. :)

Dortesjs said...

gorgeous, love it ;O)

TaeEun said...

Another beautiful card with the elegant layout! I thought the woodgrain is a pattern paper! Thanks for the tutorial, Karen! I want to try it!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVED the first one and now this? FABULOUS, love the impact of the white against the navy.
Faith
x

Zw@@n said...

Beautiful card, Karen. Fab die and gorgeous background. Thanks for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

Karren said...

This is just as beautiful as your first card, Karen! Love the contrast between the white die-cut and the woodgrain background.

Ruth said...

That's absolutely gorgeous! I adore the backgrounds you make. They work so well with the white die cuts. xx

Viv said...

So gorgeous Karen, love your beautiful flowers and the woodgrain is the perfect background too 😀 hugs Viv xx

Viv said...

So gorgeous Karen, love your beautiful flowers and the woodgrain is the perfect background too 😀 hugs Viv xx

Cheremane said...

This is stunning thanks so much for joining us at Craft Stamper challenge this month Good Luck xx

Daria said...

I loved the original card, and I love this one too. The background is gorgeous. TFS.