Friday 2 June 2017

Summertime- CAS Watercolour Challenge

Hello and Welcome.
Time for another fun month at the 
This month our challenge is all about summer.  
For me, summer is all about the beach and warm, sunny days.
This month we are joined by two great guests:
LeAnne Pugliese (wee inklings) and Ksenija (Sweet Kobylkin)



So onto my summer card.
I began creating the panel by inking up my non-stick craft sheet with Distress inks, sprayed with water and pressed my paper into the wet ink.  I used a heavy white cardstock that I get from a local store.
I used a wet paintbrush and some more ink to watercolour in some of the areas that didn't get inky and to add some extra visual interest, dots and sprays like the beach and sky would have.
Next, I placed the crane stamps into my Misti, inked with black Memento ink and stamped to create my scene.  I just picked these stamps up at Scrapfest back in April and thought they were perfect for this theme.
I stamped the sentiment onto my card front using my Misti again.
I mounted the piece on a dark blue cardstock, glued it down onto my white card front, then scored a line on either side to define the stamped panel.


Thanks so much for coming to take a look. 
Please come and play along with us.


Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES

Addicted to Stamps and More- CLEAN AND SIMPLE

Crafty Animals- ANYTHING GOES

Alphabet Challenge- 'F' FOR FEATHERED FRIENDS


Supplies
Stamps-Flying Crane, Standing Crane (Frog's Whiskers Ink); Many Thanks (Simon Says)
Ink- Memento black; Stormy Sky, Salty Ocean, Peacock Feather Distress (TH)
Paper- heavy white (bulk- local store)
Accessories and Tools- MISTI, ScorPal, non-stick craft mat (TH), clear eb powder, paintbrush

24 comments:

Bonnie said...

Your watercolor background has all the colors of the sea and I love the hint of spray! The cranes are so perfect on it! Fabulous summer card, my friend!

LeAnne said...

LOVE this! I am getting so many ideas for watercolored backgrounds! I adore this sentiment too, perfect for the challenge!

KarinsArtScrap said...

Karen it's very beautiful

gr karin

nancy littrell said...

Love your silhouette birds and grass for your beautiful smooshed background, Karen. Your sentiment is so perfect for your card. TFS my friend and enjoy your Summer. Hugs..

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous watercoloring, Karen! I love the silhouettes and your sentiment is perfect!

Nora Noll said...

This is STUNNING!!!! LOVE the silhouettes!!

Marina said...

Beautiful card - really atmospheric.

Pat said...

This is so beautiful using these fabulous silhouette birds and I love that sky which has so much interest Karen and what a great sentiment with that type written look to it. I love the blue layer too. x

Gabi MeWi said...

WOW - this card is like a seaside-day.Fresh and wonderful.

aussie aNNie said...

Peaceful and serene card, love it./xx[aNNie]

Loll said...

Beautiful summer morning at the beach! :) Gorgeous card, my friend! xx

Christine Alexander said...

Karen, this is a stunning watercolour scene and such a perfect sentiment to go with it :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A SUPER card, such an impact, love it.
Faith
x

Loose Stitches said...

Fabulous card, love your background!
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

Mac Mable said...

Gorgeous sentiment which sits so perfectly with the fabulous background and stamping x

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card and what a beautiful quote! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.
Tammy x

Gayatri said...

Always love your work. The background is amazing. Great work. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fabulous card Karen!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Creative world said...

Fantastic card...awesome background and sentiment and fab design...thank you for joining us at ATSM CHALLENGE this week,hope to see you again
Željka DT xx

Tanja said...

this is just beautiful - lovely scene with fabulous background - thanks for joining our CAS Challenge over at Addicted to Stamps and More

Julie B said...

Such a beautiful scene Karen, I could almost imagine being there.
Thanks for linking up at the Alphabet blog challenge. :)

Anne said...

I've been having a browse Karen, your work is really lovely
Anne x

Crafty Pearly said...

Absolutely stunning. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Animals. Hugs Traci DT xx

Susan said...

I'm late commenting on our DT cards because of being away. But better late than never to tell you I love your card - the background is fabulous and really does make me think of water with all its colour variations. Great sentiment too!